Winter Activities 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Winter Activities?
* Winter Activities is a six-week special program that Dummerston School offers each winter. Children can participate in an activity they already enjoy or try something new!
* All students in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade will participate.
* Students in Kindergarten have a program designed specifically for them.
When do Winter Activities take place?
* The 2020 program dates are January 9th, 16th 23rd, 30th and February 6th & 13th. Make up day is February 27th.
* Thursdays from 11:50 a.m.—2:45 p.m. After lunch, students are bussed to their activity of choice and returned to school in time for regular dismissal, or later depending on the activity chosen.
What do I need to do?
* Read the descriptions of the activities and make selections with your child(ren). Please make activity selections no later than Monday, October 15th.
* Complete and submit the Winter Activities Program Registration form no later than Monday, October 15, 2019. Note: If you have more than one child, you will need to complete the form for EACH child.
* Students who choose not to participate in the Winter Activities Program must complete a participation waiver and submit it to the Principal for approval. Students with approved waivers will need to be picked up at 11:50 a.m. on each of the six (6) Thursdays.
* Select and register promptly to ensure your first choice. All of our programs have a set number of spaces!
* Help your child be prepared, and properly dressed, on Winter Activity days. Then wait for the fun to begin!
What else do I need to know?
* Many activities are limited to a specific age/ grade level. Please read the program descriptions carefully.
* Most programs require one or more parent/adult chaperones. The Registration forms will include a chance for you to sign-up and keep this program alive!
* Students will be unable to switch activities after the programs begin. Please help your child make the best activity selection, keeping their skill level and/or frustration tolerance in mind.
* There are no refunds if you choose to withdraw from Winter Activities or if your equipment rental needs change.
* Scholarships: No student will be denied the opportunity to participate due to financial constraints. Please complete a Scholarship form and return it with your Registration paperwork. All requests for scholarships will be kept confidential.