Winter Activities 2019
Winter is quickly approaching, which means it’s time for students in grades 1 through 8 to select an activity to participate in for the 2019 Winter Activities program. Registration forms for students in grades 1 through 8 are due Monday, October 15th!
Lori Thibault, one of our parent volunteers, has graciously agreed to coordinate our 2019 Winter Activities program. If you have questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Lori at 802-257-7890, or via email at email@example.com.
Winter Activities Forms (Grades 1-8)
Winter Activities Forms (Kindergarten)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Winter Activities?
* Winter Activities is a six-week special program that Dummerston School offers each winter. Children can participate in an activity they already enjoy or try something new!
* All students in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade will participate.
* Students in Kindergarten have a program designed specifically for them.
When do Winter Activities take place?
* The 2019 program dates are January 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st and February 7th
* Thursdays from 11:50 a.m.—2:45 p.m. After lunch, students are bussed/driven to their activity of choice and returned to school in time for regular dismissal, or later depending on the activity chosen.
What do I need to do?
* Read the descriptions of the activities and make selections with your child(ren). Please make activity selections no later than Monday, October 15th.
* Complete and submit the Winter Activities Program Registration form no later than Monday, October 15, 2018. Note: If you have more than one child, you will need to complete the form for EACH child.
* Students who choose not to participate in the Winter Activities Program must complete a participation waiver and submit it to the Principal for approval. Students with approved waivers will need to be picked up at 11:50 a.m. on each of the six (6) Thursdays.
* Select and register promptly to ensure your first choice. All of our programs have a set number of spaces!
* Help your child be prepared, and properly dressed, on Winter Activity days. Then wait for the fun to begin!
What else do I need to know?
* Many activities are limited to a specific age/ grade level. Please read the program descriptions carefully.
* Most programs require one or more parent/adult chaperones. The Registration forms will include a chance for you to sign-up and keep this program alive!
* Students will be unable to switch activities after the programs begin. Please help your child make the best activity selection, keeping their skill level and/or frustration tolerance in mind.
* There are no refunds if you choose to withdraw from Winter Activities or if your equipment rental needs change.
* Scholarships: No student will be denied the opportunity to participate due to financial constraints. Please complete a Scholarship form and return it with your Registration paperwork. All requests for scholarships will be kept confidential.