Parent Teacher Friends Organization (PTFO)
The PTFO supports many of the programs that Dummerston families enjoy each year. These programs include graduation scholarships, Winter Activities, the school garden, ELF and the end-of-year Field Day. The PTFO also raised money to purchase new science equipment and sports uniforms last year. Please come and help us continue these time-honored activities.
Current PTFO Fundraising Events
Dining for a Cause
The Ninety Nine Restaurant invites you to a fundraiser to benefit the Dummerston School on Wednesday, December 19th, from 5:00 p.m. - close. Present the Dining for a Cause voucher , and the Ninety Nine Restaurant will donate 15% of your guest check to the Dummerston School PTFO. Invite your family and friends to join you for this event!
Our next meeting is Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. PTFO meetings will be held the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Dummerston School.
• Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
• Support school improvement teams and promote quality education for the students at Dummerston School.
• Support projects that enrich the curriculum and programs.
• Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school programs that fall outside the school budget.
Role of the PTFO
• Supports the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school
• Encourages parent involvement in their children's lives, education, class and school
• Coordinates projects that support or enrich the curriculum
• Organizes fund raising efforts to support additional programs, equipment and services not covered in the school budget
• Supports the educational goals of the school and assists with attaining those goals
• Recruits volunteers and coordinates volunteer efforts to staff PTFO functions and assist with school programs
• Stays aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools
Please note: PTFO funds are managed by the Dummerston Town Treasurer and therefore follow district procedures for depositing and withdrawing funds.