We are pleased to announce that Café Services will be catering our School Lunch Program this year. They offer quality ingredients and generous portions that are prepared fresh daily to meet our students’ taste and needs. Lunch is served daily beginning on the first day of school, and new menu selections rotate on a monthly basis. Students may purchase lunch or bring their own. Each day children have a choice of three lunch options: Signature Pick (hot lunch) with sides and a milk; Deli Pick (sandwich) with sides and a milk; or, Salad Pick with sides and a milk. Students may purchase milk separately to go with their box lunches. Lunch menus are sent home monthly and are available here on the Dummerston School website and the Dummerston School Facebook page. You may also find lunch menus at Nutrislice. Dummerston's Lunch Program is set up as a pre-pay system.
Our school lunch prices are as follows:
- Student meal: $3.00
- à la carte milk: $0.65 cents
- Adult meal: $4.25
My School Bucks
Dummerston School's Food Service Department provides families with a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service. The service offers you the ability to deposit money into your child's school meal account, sign-up to receive low balance reminders, set-up automatic payments and view your child's account balance at any time by visiting My School Bucks. All you need is your child's name, student ID number (which the school will provide once the school year begins) and the school's ZIP code (05346).
Even if you do not use the My School Bucks service to make online lunch payments we recommend that you sign up for an account. Having an account will allow you to keep track of cash payments made directly to the lunch program, as well as track the days your child purchases lunch.
Dummerston School Lunch Payment Policies & Procedures
It is the school’s responsibility to ensure that parents are fully aware of the policy and procedure adopted for families whose line of credit exceeds $10.00, and to remind families when parents fail to pay their negative balance notices. The procedures below outline Dummerston School’s charging procedures:
1. Students who are unable to pay for a meal may charge the cost of the meal for that day. It is expected that these charges will be paid as soon as possible. Charges should not exceed $10.00, cumulatively.
2. Students, who are unable to pay for a meal, but have already charged the maximum allowable charge, may receive a meal consisting of a sandwich, a carton of milk and a piece of fruit.
3. Families who exhibit a continuing pattern of inability to pay for meals will be encouraged to apply for free/reduced lunch status. Our Counselor and/or School Nurse will work with families to facilitate this process.
4. Dummerston School will make every effort to encourage families to pay any outstanding balances prior to the end of the year.
5. The Principal will be notified of lunch charges that have not been repaid in a timely manner. These charges will become a part of the student’s cumulative indebtedness, which follows the student after they leave Dummerston School. Parents will be notified throughout the school year as to the amount of money owed and are encouraged to settle the unpaid amount as soon as possible.
VT Agency of Education - Child Nutrition Programs
Children need healthy meals to learn. Dummerston School offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price meals are served at no charge to families.
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
- All children in households receiving benefits from 3SquaresVT or Reach-Up are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school's Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household's income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
If you believe your children may be eligible to receive free or reduced price meals, please download the instructions and complete the Application for Free & Reduced Meals. Please return your completed application to Dummerston School.